Tuesday 8 February 2011

The Force

Sunday night was another American Cultural experience - the Superbowl....
Church had to be four hours earlier, Trader Joes sold out of crisps/chips, and grown women decided that football was really important. Thankfully I was at the house of lovely Laura and marvelous Molly who are not only fabulous cooks, but they were also very happy for me and my dear friend Northern Irish friend Lesley to only get excited by the adverts. BIG deal to get airtime advertising space during the Superbowl - watched by 111 million viewers!

My favourite ad was for the new VW Passat. A little boy dressed as Darth Vadar tries to use The Force on his dog, the drier, a doll and his lunch. Then Dad arrives home in the new Passat. As the boy zaps the parked car with The Force his Dad locks the car with the keyfob from the kitchen - brilliant! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN41zcXJjmk).

How like me can you get? I try to use my force to shift people, inanimate objects, weight, circumstances. Yet, when Father gets involved - bam! Surprise! With all the resources of Father's storehouse and the company of heaven at His command it's a no-brainer really. Less of me and more of Him.

May His Force be with you .......

No comments:

Post a Comment