Sunday 13 September 2015

Sabbath Reflection: September 13th, 2015

I pray you hear God's invitation to you to come sit with Him a while.

The Collect for today:
O God, because without you we are not able to please you, mercifully grant that your Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 116:1-8 


1
I love the LORD, because he has heard the voice of my supplication, *
because he has inclined his ear to me whenever I called upon him.
2
The cords of death entangled me;
the grip of the grave took hold of me; *
I came to grief and sorrow.
3
Then I called upon the Name of the LORD: *
"O LORD, I pray you, save my life."
4
Gracious is the LORD and righteous; *
our God is full of compassion.
5
The LORD watches over the innocent; *
I was brought very low, and he helped me.
6
Turn again to your rest, O my soul, *
for the LORD has treated you well.
7
For you have rescued my life from death, *
my eyes from tears, and my feet from stumbling.
8
I will walk in the presence of the LORD *
in the land of the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment